Meet the Faculty behind the NEW BAS IS Program
- Worked as the Technical Services Manager in Olympic College’s IT department prior to teaching CIS courses fulltime
- Earned one award in every employee category that OC offers
- A Certified Ethical Hacker with nearly 30 additional IT certifications
- Served 23 years in the U.S. Marine Corps
- Owns and manages a computer consulting company based in Bremerton, WA
Kevin is an avid student of technology and holds numerous industry licenses and certifications. In early 2014 he was recognized by the Cisco Networking Academy program as an Expert Level instructor.
Kevin earned his Associate’s degree in Computer Engineering from Olympic College, a Bachelor’s in Information Technology plus a Master’s in Information Technology with an emphasis in IT Security from American Intercontinental University.
Kevin participates in several professional organizations including the West Sound Technology Association (WSTA), Linux Professionals Institute and Computer Technology Industry Association (CompTIA).
Aside from his passion with all things high-tech, Kevin endeavors to achieve his Ph.D. and looks forward to preparing BAS IS students for rewarding IT careers.
- Taught one of the first online courses at OC
- Holds Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and A+ certifications
- Earned a Masters in Informations Systems Management
- Favorite part of teaching is learning students’ unique perspectives and discussing intriguing topics
- Co-manages a music store in her local home town
Pamela’s academic accomplishments started with her earning a B.A. in Liberal Arts and an A.A. in Programming. Additional educational endeavors led to her achieving Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), Internet and A+ certifications.
Prior to teaching at OC, Pamela worked in the IT department where she managed the Customer Service Center and oversaw Helpdesk Operations. Altogether Pam’s service to Olympic College is well over twenty years.
Aside from Pamela’s deep passion for teaching, she enjoys playing guitar (she’s been a musician since childhood). In her spare time, Pam helps local agencies automate their work tasks and business processes.
- Is consistently among the highest rated professors at Olympic College
- Holds certificates for Android Boot Camp and Advanced Android Internals
- Teaching focus on Open Source & Android technologies
- Travels to a new country each year for in-depth culture exploration and participation
- Undertaking hands-on restoration of his 1905 home
Dondi’s passion is taking the most difficult concepts in emerging technologies and making them understandable.
In 1999, Dondi joined Olympic College. Over the years he’s earned numerous certificates for successfully completing intensive trainings in programming languages and platforms, most recently Android Boot Camp and Advanced Android Internals.
Dondi holds a B.S. in Computer Science from the American College of Computer and Information Sciences. He is also proficient in ASP.NET, Java, C, C++, C# and Android programming languages.
Students are warmly invited to contact Dondi to discuss their career goals in software development or to suggest a great travel destination.
- Holds a B.S. and M.B.A. in Information Systems
- Has taught CIS courses at OC for the past 14 years
- Developed and maintains the popular CIS website and learning management system that supports over 7,000 students
- Presenter at 2011 WA-ACTE Summer Conference: ‘Open Source for Open Minds’
- Enjoys going to the beach with his family, long walks with his dog and watching foreign films
Mark has taught in the CIS program for the past 14 years. Regular attendance at conferences and training sessions keep his skills sharp in the areas of HTML5, XML, PHP and Linux. His expertise has led to speaking engagements at notable events such as The 10th Washington State Working Connections IT Faculty Development Institute and the WA-ACTE summer conference.
Additionally Mark’s academic accomplishments include earning both a B.S. and M.B.A. in Information Systems. He also received grant awards to produce projects such as the CIS Digital Advisor for Olympic College, an eBook on Introduction to Operating Systems and an eBook on HTML5.
When free time permits, Mark enjoys several R&R favorites: classical music, opera, foreign films, news programs and time with his family on the beach.
- Earned an M.S. in Computer Informations Systems and B.S. in Business Administration from University of Phoenix
- Worked as an Information Security Analyst and Chief Information Security Officer
- Has 30-year career history in the Telephony sector
- Serves as Scout Master and Assistant Scout Master with the Boy Scouts
- Holds a Brown Belt in Kenpo Karate
Rich joined Olympic College in January, 2014. Prior to instructing at OC, he taught at El Paso Community College in El Paso, TX and Paradise Valley Community College in Phoenix, AZ. Altogether Rich has over ten years teaching experience and has taught a range of Computer Information Systems courses—from beginning courses on Microsoft products to advanced courses in networking, operating systems and computer/network forensics.
While working in the private sector Rich managed customer service teams, computer systems installations, networks and upgrades. His customers included telephone companies such as Century Link, AT&T, Bell Canada and British Telecom.
When not in the classroom, Rich enjoys spending time outdoors with family and friends. Fishing, camping, cycling and baseball are just a few of his favorite activities.